HARVEY INDUSTRIES INTERNATIONAL, INC.
OFFICIAL CONTEST RULES
SQUARE TO SAW SUMMER
[AUG 15th-30th, 2022]
NO PURCHASE IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE DOES NOT INCREASE THE CHANCES OF WINNING.
1. Eligibility: Contest is open to all video submission entries to Instagram with proper tags as specified in our contest rules. All contestants must be over the age of eighteen (18) as of the date of entry. The contest is only open to legal residents of the United States of America (USA) and is void where prohibited by law. Employees of Harvey Industries International, Inc (the “Sponsor”) and their respective affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies, suppliers and their immediate family members and/or those living in the same household of each are not eligible to participate in the contest. The contest is subjected to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations. Void where prohibited.
2. Agreement to Rules: By participating, you agree to be fully unconditionally bound by these Rules, and you represent and warrant that you meet the eligibility requirements set forth herein. In addition, you agree to accept the decisions of Harvey Industries International, Inc, as final and binding as it relates to the content. The contest is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws.
3. Contest Period: Entries will be accepted online starting on or about August 15th, 2022 and ending August 30th, 2022. All online entries must be received by August 30th, 2022; 11:59PM PDT.
4. How to Enter Our Contest: The SQUARE TO SAW SUMMER Contest must be entered by recording and posting of a video on your public Instagram page. The content of the video must portray “why every shop NEEDS a Bridge City Tool Works Mini Miter Square (MMS-1)”. All video entries must be tagged with #HARVEYSQUARE2SAWCONTEST in the caption of the post. All entries submissions from Aug 15th to Aug 30th will be reviewed after the cutoff deadline and reviewed by the sponsor. The top three (3) entries will be reposted for voting, which will run from Sept 1st to the 15th. The entry with the most “LIKES” will be the winner of the contest.
Videos will be judge based upon the following criteria: originality, creativity, technicality, presentation, and overall adherence to the topic. Scoring will be done based on a point system where judges (the sponsor) will narrow down and pick the top three (3) videos submitted to the contest. Judges will be unbiased in their decisions and will solely judge based upon the criteria stated above. In the event of a tie, then all judge members will decide based upon the above stated criteria to determine the winner of the contest.
The entry must fulfill all contests requirements, as specified, to be eligible to win a prize. Entries that are not complete or do not adhere to the rules or specifications may be disqualified at the sole discretion of Harvey Industries International, Inc. You may enter only once and you must fill in the information requested. You may not enter more times than indicated by using multiple email addresses, identities or devices in an attempt to circumvent the rules. If you use fraudulent methods or otherwise attempt to circumvent the rules your submission may be removed from eligibility at the sole discretion of Harvey Industries International, Inc.
5. Prizes: Winners will receive list prizes as stated by the contest rule outlines. Actual/appraised value may differ at time of prize award. The specifics of the prize shall be solely determined by the Sponsor. No cash or other prize substitution permitted except at Sponsor’s discretion. The prize is non-transferable. Any and all prize related expenses, including without limitation any and all federal, state, and/or local taxes shall be the sole responsibility of the winner. No substitution of prize or transfer/assignment of prize to others or request for the cash equivalent by winners is permitted. Acceptance of prize constitutes permission for Harvey Industries International, Inc to use the winner’s name, likeness, and entry for purposes of advertising and trade without further compensation, unless prohibited by law.
6. Odds: The odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received.
7. Winner selection and notification: Winners of the contest will be selected in a random drawing under the supervision of the contest Sponsor. Winners will be contacted and notified via email and/or telephone to the contact information provided when entering the contest. Selected winners will be required to respond within five (5) business days following the winner selection. Harvey Industries International, Inc shall have no liability for a winner’s failure to receive notices due to winners’ spam, junk e-mail or other security settings or for winners’ provision of incorrect or otherwise non-functioning contact information. If the selected winner cannot be contacted, is ineligible, or fails to claim the prize within allotted timeframe of the award notification being sent, or fails to timely return a completed and executed declaration and releases as required, prize may be forfeited and an alternate winner shall be selected.
The receipt by winner of the prize offered in this contest is conditioned upon compliance with any and all federal and state laws and regulations. ANY VIOLATION OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES BY ANY WINNER (AT SPONSOR’S SOLE DISCRETION) WILL RESULT IN SUCH WINNER’S DISQUALIFICATION AS WINNER OF THE CONTEST AND ALL PRIVILEGES AS WINNER WILL BE IMMEDIATELY TERMINATED.
8. Rights Granted by you: By entering the contest, you understand that Harvey Industries International, Inc and anyone acting on behalf of the Sponsor, and/or its respective licensees, successors and assigns will have the right, where permitted by law, without any further notice, review or consent to print, publish, broadcast, distribute, and use, worldwide in any media now known or hereafter in perpetuity and throughout the World, your entry, including, without limitation, the entry and winner’s name, portrait, picture, voice, likeness, image or statements about the contest, and biographical information as news, publicity or information and for trade, advertising, public relations and promotional purposes without any further compensation.
9. Terms: Harvey Industries International, Inc reserves the right, in its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the contest should (in its sole discretion) a virus, bugs, non-authorized human intervention, fraud or other causes beyond its control corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness or proper conduct of the contest. In such case, Harvey Industries International, Inc may select the recipients from all eligible entries received prior to and/or after (if appropriate) the action taken by the Sponsor. Harvey Industries International, Inc reserves the right at its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who tampers or attempts to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the Contests or website or violates these Terms & Conditions.
Harvey Industries International, Inc has the right, in its sole discretion, to maintain the integrity of the contest, to void entries for any reason, including, but not limited to; multiple entries from the same user from different IP addresses; multiple entries from the same computer in excess of that allowed by contests rules; or the use of bots, macros or scripts or other technical means for entering.
Any attempt by an entrant to deliberately damage any web site or undermine the legitimate operation of the contest may be a violation of criminal and civil laws and should such an attempt be made, Harvey Industries International, Inc reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law.
By entering the contests, you agreeing to receive email newsletters periodically from Harvey Industries International, Inc. You can opt-out of receiving this communication at any time by clicking the unsubscribe link in the newsletter.
10. Limitation of Liability: By entering you agree to release and hold harmless Harvey Industries International, Inc and its subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising and promotion agencies, partners, representatives, agents, successors, assigns, employees, officers and directors from any liability, illness, injury, death, loss, litigation, claim or damage that may occur, directly or indirectly, whether caused by negligence or not, from (i) such entrant’s participation in the contests and/or his/her acceptance, possession, use, or misuse of any prize or any portion thereof, (ii) technical failures of any kind, including but not limited to the malfunctioning of any computer, cable, network, hardware or software; (iii) the unavailability or inaccessibility of any transmissions or telephone or Internet service; (iv) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Promotion; (v) electronic or human error which may occur in the administration of the Promotion or the processing of entries.
11. Disputes: THIS CONTESTS IS GOVERNED BY THE LAWS OF THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA (USA) AND STATE OF CALIFORNIA, WITHOUT RESPECT TO CONFLICT OF LAW DOCTRINES. As a condition of participating in this contest, participant agrees that any and all disputes which cannot be resolved between the parties, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this contest, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, exclusively before a court located in California having jurisdiction. Further, in any such dispute, under no circumstances will participant be permitted to obtain awards for, and hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental, or consequential damages, including reasonable attorneys’ fees, other than participant’s actual out-of-pocket expenses (i.e. costs associated with entering this contests), and participant further waives all rights to have damages multiplied or increased.
13. Winners List: To obtain a copy of the winner’s name or a copy of these Official Rules, mail your request along with a stamped, self-addressed envelope to: Harvey Industries International, Inc., 10832 Ada Avenue, Montclair, CA 91763, United States. Requests must be received no later than
14. Sponsor: The Sponsor of the contests is: Harvey Industries International, Inc., 10832 Ada Avenue, Montclair, CA 91763, United States.
15. All promotion by Harvey Industries International, Inc is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat, YouTube, Pinterest, LinkedIn or Google. You understand that you are providing your information to the owner of this contests and not to Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat, YouTube, Pinterest, LinkedIn or Google.